Rod B. & Alvaro Garfunk bring you the Miami Underground Movement
For a long time, Slovenia is known for its great electronic parties, but as the local scene is of boutique dimensions, everyone, who wishes to take the art of mixing and producing to a professional level, has to go out there and enter the worldwide scene. Umek has done this step as early as in the middle of the 90s and so he became one of the most important techno players of the global techno scene, even before the end of the last millennium. Together with people, who shared the same views, he successfully captured the first era of researching and recreating the rules of the dance music in Recycled Loops, Consumer Recreation and Astrodisco platforms, which all put the sound of the Slovenian techno on the world map of electronic music.
In the beginning of the year 2007, Umek started a new 1605 Music Therapy - Sixteenofive, with which he marked the beginning of the second era of his music creation and what an era it is. 5 highly popular releases on the 1605 label with lots more planned in the next few months, a huge success of the »Day Of Electronics 09« - the main 1605 event in Krizanke (Ljubljana, Slovenia) for the third year in a row, a popular summer festival »Disconautica« (Koper, Slovenia) featuring 1605 Main Floor for the second year in a row and with over 50.000 attending people. Furthermore the 15 astonishing releases and remixes already released in 2009 are the best proof, that Umek stays focused on his primary goal – to make high quality productions that stand out from the rest and to bring this music closer to people all around the world.
The year 2009 also brought a fresh breeze in Umek’s booking department and so his new booking agency is Bullitt Bookings from the USA, that also takes care of some of the biggest names, like Dubfire, Nic Fanciulli, Shlomi Aber, Davide Squillace and many others.
Last year's releases like Is it / Longer Trail, Destructible Enviroment, S Cream, Designed Persona, You Might Hear Nothing and the latest club hit Work This Data, have caught the attention of Armada, Hell Yeah, Tronic, Dataworx and other biggest labels of the music industry and judging by Umek's tracks »Hablando« and »Slap«, released on his own label 1605, by the enormous amount of upcoming releases and the second (and first on 1605 label) album with his 10 great tracks “Responding To Dynamic” (coming in spring 2010), Umek surely isn’t going to run out of creative fuel for quite some time
1. Gary Beck - Get Down [Saved Records]
2. Mladen Tomic - Green Cubes 
3. Uto Karem - Utopolys [Agile Recordings]
4. Koen Groeneveld - Rudder [Toolroom]
5. Umek - Novi Sad (Uto Karem Remix) [Greatstuff]
6. Dean Newton - Kuraitani [Avanti]
7. Christian Smith - The Price of freedom 
8. ThreeSixty - Dominion [Funk Farm]
9. Just'n Toko - Let Me Dig [Under The Groove]
10. Paul Thomas – Wookie [Toolroom]
11. Da Fresh - Once Again 
12. Umek vs PHNTM - Freaks On The Floor 
13. Christian Cambas - Fireball 
14. Hertz & Subway Baby - Shockz 
15. Tetsuya and Ryoji Takahashi - Stereo Injection 
16. Lush - Campanacci - Original Mix [NuZone Gears]
17. Umek & Traumer – She Never Wants To Come Down 
18. Diskoteque - Eat Reverb [Magic Powder Music]
quite some time.