Mon, 12 October 2009
M.U.M & 1605 Sessions Presents Miami Sessions with Umek_Live@Monsters Of House Munich-M.U.M Episode 102
Rod B. & Alvaro Garfunk bring you the Miami Underground Movement
Uroš Umek is internationally acclaimed music producer from Slovenia, seducing the masses with his own music blend for more than a decade. Always on the look for new sounds and determined to challenge every existing cliché in music industry, he managed to define his own vision of vanguard techno. Sure, this would not happen without the support of his loyal peers who’ve joined him on the production platforms such as Recycled Loops, Consumer Recreation and Astrodisco, with which they defined “Slovenian techno sound and successfully invested it as an important driving force on the global club scene.
The year 2007 marked the beginning of new chapter in Umek’s music career. After spending enormous amount of time and artistic energy bringing his characteristics sound to the whole new level, he presented new international music therapy called 1605 – Sixteenofive. No doubt this was a very risky move for such an established artist as DJ Umek. But it was the only way for him to stay on top of the game. And it seems he picked up the right decision at the crucial time: the response to his new vision of electronic dance music from his peers, critics, media and most importantly his fans is great and his productions are supported by some top dogs in the industry.
Umek recent productions include highly acclaimed club releases such as Overtake & Command, Ricochet Effect, Another Matter Entirely and Faithful Nights, but it were MTV supported hit singles Posing as Me and Carbon Occasions that stirred the most media attention and crossed over to the daily radio stations. Umek’s releases were lately included on the premiere club compilations mixed by artists such as Sander Kleinenberg, Judge Jules, Eddie Halliwell, John Digweed, M.I.K.E. or Carl Cox. He was amongst the headliners of esteemed summer music festivals such as Primavera, Monegros or Dance Valley and he conquered the South America on the joint tour with Valentino Kanzyani and Marko Nastić once more. And this was only the introduction in the Umek’s year 2008, when he plans to finally present long expected new artist album and his own live band.
01. Slip And Slide - Khainz Remix Thomas Penton, DJ Thee-O "Tribal Vision Records"
02. Formula - Egostereo Edit Danny, Sandrino Beesley "Superbass records"
03. Road Trip - Primer Viaje Origi Juan Kue, David Padilla "Road Trip Recordings"
04. 7 Days - Jose Rosike and Ipagan "Tema"
05. Temperamental - Manuel De La Mare "Progresive Grooves"
06. Reset Mastermind - Original Mi Juan Kue, David Padilla "Overline Records"
07. Tech - Milton Channels Mix Deep Sound "Overline Recodrs"
08. I Like It - Original Mix Autistic "Basilic Records"
09. This Sound - Original Mix DJ Subsonic, DJ Sadock "Turning Wheel Records"
10. Black Coffee - Original Mix D Roland M. Dilly "Trapez"
11. Dyno - graffio "Hell Yeah"
12. Dollars - Original Vibes Stefano Noferini "Deeperfect Records"
13. Tomy DeCleque - Planned History "Unreleased"
14. Capucine - Abnormal Boyz The Same "Polar Noise"
15. Happy Time - Tomy DeClerque remix "Unreleased"
Direct download: Miami_Sessions_with_Umek_LiveMonsters_Of_House_Munich_1.mp3
Category:podcasts -- posted at: 11:40am EDT